New families must register their new students in person, at the school office. A Registration Form/Fee, along with incoming student’s original Birth Certificate and Baptismal Certificate are required.
Returning families, including those with a new student may register and pay registration fee online under the tuition/registration payment page. However, a Registration Form, along with original Birth Certificate and Baptismal Certificate are required for all NEW students.
You may only register your student(s) if your tuition account for the current school year is up to date. Your registration will not be accepted if your tuition payments are in arrears and your registration fee will be returned. Your student(s) cannot be enrolled unless your full registration fee is paid at the time you register. Additionally, if your tuition payments are in arrears throughout the year, either by frequency or by total amount due, you may be required to prepay tuition for the following year, in whole or in part. Space will not be saved for your student(s) unless the registration and required tuition, if any, are paid.
Tuition is based on an active supporting parishioner status. In order to receive the parishioner rate of tuition a family must be registerd in the Parish at the time of School Registration. Tuition rates for active supporting parishioners are lower due to the parish’s contribution to the school. As an active supporting parishioner, it is expected that you attend mass and contribute to the parish by the use of your weekly envelopes. A regular analysis by the parish (not less than semi-annually) will determine if active supporting parishioner status is maintained.
If active supporting parishioner status is not maintained, payments will increase to the non-parishioner rate until the next analysis is conducted. In order to determine non-parishioner rates, add $600 per year for the first student per family and $400 for each additional student (which will be pro-rated based on a ten month period for the period of time such family is determined to be at the non-parishioner rate.)
In the case where a family withdraws their child(ren) from St. Michael School post August 1st, they will be responsible for the entire current trimester’s tuition. Irrespective of when the child(ren) are withdrawn from the School, all tuition refunds will be processed at the end of the school year.
The School provides parishioner families with very limited funding for tuition assistance. Applications are processed through the Private School Assistance Aid Service (PSAS). Applications may be obtained at the school office. All applications must be submitted by May 1st. Financial assistance awards are based on the recommendation of PSAS. Application forms will be treated confidentially; however, the information will be shared with the Pastor and Principal. Assistance is only awarded to parishioner school families based on financial need and on a temporary basis. Further, assistance will only be considered for those families whose child(ren) has/have completed a full year of school in Grades K thru 8. Other extenuating circumstances such as illness or unemployment will also be considered, following assistance guidelines.
Any family who misses two payments and who has been unwilling to make and/or adhere to alternative arrangements will be subject to actions by the school up to and including non-participation in activities, financial suspension of their student(s), withholding of official transcripts, and/or removal from the school. 8th grade students may be denied participation in graduation activities if all tuition and fees are not current or paid in full by the date of the activity.
In addition, in the event a school family’s financial obligations have not been met, (including Parishioner’s Participation Obligation, all fees and Before/After School Care charges), the School reserves the right:
|# of Children||Base Tuition(1)||10-Month
(Aug. to May)
|4-year-old||5 Full Day||$5,572|
|4-year-old||4 Half Day||$3,266|
|3-year-old||5 Full Days||$5,572|
|3-year-old||3 Day (M/W/F)||$2,869|
|3-year-old||2 Day (T/Th)||$2,405|
Items needed for registration
|Lunch Supervision Fee||$50|
|Tuition Raffle Fee||$100|
|8th Grade Fee||$2356|
(1) Base Parishioner tuition assumes tuition paid in full by August 1st. Tuition is based on an active supporting parishioner status. Tuition rates for active supporting parishioners are lower due to the parish’s contribution to the school. As an active supporting parishioner, it is expected that you attend Mass and contribute to the parish by the use of your weekly envelopes. A regular analysis by the parish (not less than semi-annually) will determine if active supporting parishioner status is maintained. If active supporting parishioner status is not maintained, payments will increase to the non-parishioner rate until the next analysis is conducted. In order to determine non-parishioner rates, add $600 per year for the first student per family and $400 for each additional student.
(2) There will be a $150 per family processing fee charged for those enrolled in the monthly installment plan. This charge will be added to the first statement.
(3) Checks and credit or debit card payments are accepted and encouraged to be made online. No additional fees are applicable to credit card payments. Cash payments are also accepted.
(4) Except where otherwise indicated, fees are billed and due with the first tuition payment in August.
(5) Funds are due at the time of registration. Registration fee increases to $275 per child for registrations submitted after March 16th.
(6) 8th Grade Fee includes Confirmation, Graduation Reception, 8th Grade Trip, Class T-shirt, Diploma, Class Composite, Cap and
Gown, Ribbons, and 8th grade edition add-on to Yearbook.