The St. Michael School Advisory Board is an organization of 11 members, which acts as an advisory board to the pastor and principal. As outlined by the Archdiocese of Chicago, Office of Catholic Education, its responsibilities are:
- To develop, formulate, and adopt policies that will help St. Michael School to reach its goals.
- To act as the public relations arm of the school.
- To review and advise on the annual school budget; to set tuition rates
- To represent its constituency through open meetings.
- To participate in evaluation processes that are required by the Office of Catholic Education.
- To collaborate with the pastor in hiring the principal.
- To collaborate in the implementation and monitoring of the school’s three to five-year plan
- To determine sources of funding.
As public health and safety guidance allows, the St. Michael School Advisory Board meetings will resume in-person for the 2021-2022 school year. Masking will be required inside the building. A Zoom option will be available for those who would like to attend remotely.
If you would like to attend a meeting as a visitor or speak at a meeting please contact the school office so that we may provide you with in-person instructions or a meeting link. If you would like to address the SAB directly, please contact Board President, Peter Vrdolyak 24 hours prior to a scheduled meeting, and will have 5 minutes in which to address the Board.
School Advisory Board Calendar (All meetings begin at 7:00pm)
- September 13th
- October 11th
- November 8th
- December 13th
- January 10th
- February 14th
- March 14th
- April 11th
- May 9th
- June 6th (if necessary)