The St. Michael School Advisory Board is an organization of 11 members, which acts as an advisory board to the pastor and principal. As outlined by the Archdiocese of Chicago, Office of Catholic Education, its responsibilities are:
- To develop, formulate, and adopt policies that will help St. Michael School to reach its goals.
- To act as the public relations arm of the school.
- To review and advise on the annual school budget; to set tuition rates
- To represent its constituency through open meetings.
- To participate in evaluation processes that are required by the Office of Catholic Education.
- To collaborate with the pastor in hiring the principal.
- To collaborate in the implementation and monitoring of the school’s three to five-year plan
- To determine sources of funding.
Due to current health restrictions and our continued efforts to provide a safe environment for our community the St. Michael School Board Meetings will be held online for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
If you would like to attend a meeting as a visitor or speak at a meeting please contact the school office so that we may provide you with a meeting link. If you would like to address the SAB directly, please contact Board President, Mary Pat Carr 24 hours prior to a scheduled meeting, and will have 5 minutes in which to address the Board.
School Advisory Board Calendar (All meetings begin at 7:00pm)
- February 2nd
- March 9th
- April 13th
- May 4th
- June 8th (if necessary)