We hope everyone has been enjoying the beautiful summer days we have been blessed with these past few weeks. The 2019-2020 school year is fast approaching, and we are very excited to see the students on our first day of school, August 22nd. Below you will find a few reminders to help you prepare for the upcoming year.
SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS
CLICK HERE for a list of supplies needed for each grade.
School uniforms are to be purchased from Schoolbelles. Items purchased elsewhere are not considered “in uniform” and will not be allowed.Uniform checks will occur randomly throughout the school year.
Boys in grades K-8 wear black Schoolbelles pants or walking shorts on days when it is 70 degrees or higher, an SMS polo, a dark belt, and white or black socks without a logo.
Girls in grades K-4 wear a Schoolbelles plaid jumper, Schoolbelles pants or walking shorts on days when it is 70 degrees or higher, a Schoolbelles white blouse or blue polo, and white, black or navy tights or socks without a logo.
Girls in grades 5-8 wear a Schoolbelles plaid skirt, Schoolbelles pants or walking shorts on days when it is 70 degrees or higher, an SMS polo, and white, black or navy tights or socks without a logo.
All students may wear black, brown or navy dress shoes with less than a 2 in. heel, SMS sweaters, and Schoolbelles grey, black or blue long sleeve ¼ zip or fleece with the SMS school logo. Sports ¼ zips are not considered uniform and may only be worn on Spirit Days.
On gym days, students wear St. Michael gym sweatpants, gym shorts on days when it is 70 degrees or higher, gym sweatshirts, gym t-shirts, and Trot a Thon shirts. Sports, Homecoming or any other SMS shirts or shorts may not be worn on gym days and will be considered out of uniform.
Please turn in all medical forms by the first day of school. You may drop them off at the school office during office hours.
The following is what is mandatory by state law:
- PreK 3 year – Physical Examination form with immunizations
- PreK 4 year – only if NEW to the school – Physical Examination form with immunizations. If the child was here for PreK 3 nothing new is required.
- Kindergarten – Physical Examination form with immunizations, Dental Examination form and Eye Examination form
- 2nd Grade – Dental Examination form
- 6th Grade – Physical Examination form with immunizations and Dental Examination form
- Any NEW student to the school needs a current ( within one year) Physical Examination form or they can turn in their forms ( Physical, Dental, Eye ) from their previous school.
Beginning August 5th thru August 15th, the office will be open Monday thru Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. On August 20th we will begin our regular hours of 8:00 a.m. thru 3:00 p.m.
All emergency cards must be turned in prior to students beginning school. If we do not have emergency cards in the office, your child will not be able to attend classes when school begins.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact us here.